Falling in Love
بخشی از متن پادکست:
متن کامل درPDF
to stare – to look at something without turning away to look at anything else; to
look at something with a lot of concentration
* Why is that man staring at me? Do I have something in my teeth?
crush – a feeling of liking someone romantically, usually used to describe the
feelings of children
* I had a crush on Aaron in high school, but he was dating someone else.
to fall head over heels – to fall in love with someone; to have very strong
feelings of love and affection; to begin to have a strong romantic interest in
* Yoshida fell head over heels for Noemi and they were married within nine
love at first sight – the feeling of loving someone immediately after meeting him
or her, and knowing one wants to spend the rest of one’s life with that person
* Was it love at first sight, or were you friends for a long time before you started
sparks fly – when there is an obvious romantic attraction between two people
* Everyone saw the sparks fly when Davis met Tamar.
to miss – to not see or notice something
* How could I have missed that stop sign? I can’t believe I didn’t stop before
driving through the intersection!
blush – a pink or red color on one’s cheeks, usually caused by feelings of
embarrassment or anger
* She never shouts, but if you see a blush on her cheek, then you know she’s
grin – a small smile of happiness and satisfaction, usually without showing one’s
* The scientist grinned when he learned that his article would be published in the
chemistry – a romantic attraction between two people, where each person is
interested in the other person
* He’s smart, funny, hard-working, and kind, but I just don’t feel any chemistry