Getting Plastic Surgery
بخشی از متن پادکست:
متن کامل در PDF
plastic surgery / cosmetic surgery – one of many medical procedures that
involves cutting into one’s skin to make one more attractive or beautiful
* She’s thinking about having plastic surgery to make her nose smaller.
to go under the knife – to have surgery; to have a medical procedure that
involves cutting into one’s skin
* After the car accident, Kashif had to go under the knife three times for his knee
and shoulder injuries.
wrinkle – a small fold or line in one’s skin, usually caused by age and sun
* Norah looked in the mirror and was surprised to see so many wrinkles around
sagging – hanging down and stretched longer than something should be
* Jim’s pants are sagging. I think it’s because he has lost over 50 pounds in the
Botox – a chemical substance that is injected into the skin on one’s face to
reduce the appearance of wrinkles, making the skin smoother
* Have you considered using Botox to get rid of the lines on your forehead?
facelift – a surgical procedure that removes loose skin on one’s face, making
one’s face look younger
* I wonder what percentage of movie stars have facelifts as they start to get
tummy tuck – a surgical procedure that cuts away unwanted fat and skin on
one’s abdomen (belly) to make one look thinner
* Janice decided to get a tummy tuck so that she’d look better in her swimsuit.
plastic surgeon – a medical professional who does surgeries to improve
people’s physical appearance, even if there are no health benefits
* Lana became a plastic surgeon to help people with face injuries.
liposuction – a surgical procedure that removes unwanted fat from one’s
abdomen (belly) by using suction, pulling the fat out of one’s body
* Mohamed was overweight and had liposuction, but he continued to eat too
much food, so within a year he had a big belly again.